Photobucket De la musique, encore de la musique, toujours de la musique, un peu d'art de design parce qu'à part les 5 sens utilisés jusqu'à l'usure, le reste n'a pas d'importance.

June 29, 2008

2nd Interview: OH SNAP!!


Who is OH SNAP!!?, What is OH SNAP!!?, and mostly, Why is OH SNAP!!? These questions could take a lifetime to answer. A self-professed check-to-check millionaire and inventor of the Fab-U-Fly lifestyle, OH SNAP!! is everything that is right, and wrong with society. Not really a DJ, and not really a rapper, as both imply talent, OH SNAP!! is trying to conquer the world with his average looks, average flow, and his “you might like him, you might not like him” personality. Raised on gangster hip-hop in the suburbs of Maryland, OH SNAP!! has lived the vicarious hustler lifestyle through many of hip-hop’s greats including 50 Cent, Biggie, MC Ren, Ice Cube, Eazy E, Dre, and that other guy from NWA, I can’t remember his name though. In the past few years, OH SNAP!! has seen society plunge into a deep depression and as a Buddhist, OH SNAP!! has decided to try to cheer the world up through music. If there was only one word to describe OH SNAP!!, excluding all words SNAP!! can’t spell or understand, the word would he HAPPY. OH SNAP!!’s mission in life is to make people happy while partying their collective bootays off. OH SNAP!!’s hobbies include: being fresh, keeping it real, poppin’ AND lockin’, hustlin’, and writing haikus.


1 - Hello OH SNAP!!.
Thank you so much for the interview!

2 - How that to you had just posed your rhymes on electronic musics?
I've always been a rapper that loves dance music. Over the last few months I decided to rap over dance music beats. The way I make songs, is that I make a beat, then come up with my rhymes in the shower or driving around in my car. Most recently, Tommie Sunshine sent me a beat and I drove around with it to come up with the song.

3 - How did your signature with Sweat It Out, an Australian record which makes especially electronics?
I had been sending out my music and getting some buzz online and I began to talk back and forth on MySpace. A few of my songs were blowing up in Australia and it was just a natural move to make, especially since I really like Gameboy/Gamegirl, Miami Horror, Redial, Act Yo Age, etc... My EP will be coming out on Sweat It Out! in July and will have remixes by Sammy Bananas, Riva Starr, Hostage, DJ Kue, DJ Barletta, and more!

4 - With your last EP publish on your MySpace free, you are made more and more know. How do you feel now ?
I loved being able to put out a free EP on MySpace to help distribute my music. I really want my music to be heard all over the world!

5 - A next collaboration envisaged with DJs like Crookers or Bloody Beetroots ?
I just did a bootleg vocal remix of the Crooker's "Sveglia" and I'm working with Tommie Sunshine on a new song. I just did a freestyle rap over Busy P's "Pedrophilia" and more collabos to come!

6 - In your party you mix and you rap. You get mixed up itself?
I love to DJ and I love to rap and I love the fact that I can do both to rock crowds! I love to see the crowds reaction to my music too!

7 - I have just listened your mix published on your MySpace (2 SNAP!!s With a Twist Mix) you intend to come to make us a mix like this one in France?
Yo! I would love to do a mix and even more, I would LOVE to come to France to rock out!

8 - Just one thing: the electronic music is not dead in US ?
I feel that electronic music is blowing up in the US! More people are coming out to parties and more people are getting into dancing and rocking out! I think as more DJs play rock and hip-hop mixed with dance music, more Americans will begin to love dance music!

9 - Which was your reaction when Hostage wanted to make a remix of one of your titles? (especially because the Hostage's remix is very good)
Hostage is dope as shit! I was mad excited when he said he'd remix "Bill Cosby Sweater" and that remix is INSANE! Hostage and I have done another song together called "Rave Rock" and he's also remixed "High Top Fade"! We're planning to do some shows in Europe together and also so more songs!

10 - A short note for the end and to conquer french people ?
Yo! I've never been to France, but with so much love for dance music and awesome people, I would love to come do some shows in France! I hope France is ready for OH SNAP!!


Download :

OH SNAP!! - Pedrophilia Freestyle

Crookers - Sveglia (OH SNAP!! Booty Alarm Mix)

OH SNAP!! Ft. Hostage - Rave Rock

OH SNAP!! MYSPACE


Bonus:
Stuffa Ft. Mapei - Pretty Girls (Sinden Remix)
Symbolone - Love Juice (Danger Remix)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

enorme l'interview :)
super boulots
merde pour le bac :)

bis mec

Anonymous said...

enorme l'interview :)
super boulots
merde pour le bac :)

bis mec